Translate

An experience about U++

Search for a good cross platform C++ IDE with an in-built GUI library lead me to the Ultimate++ framework. Here is the review of Ultimate++. On the first site I felt something new and it suits for me. May be because of it's simplicity and  dynamic approach which uses different compilers (native compilers) for different OS (Linux & Windows). In Windows, the IDE can work with and compile using GCC, MinGW and Visual C++.

At first I tried to install the application in Linux. But I didn't get a single setup package from their site. The setup is distributed in 3 different files and it is not available for all linux distributions. Then I tried to install the application using these 3 pieces and it didn't work well. My IDE didn't install correctly and my overall setup is not at all working properly. A proper tutorial or instructions to install the program is not available in their site.
Start screen of U++ IDE


Then I shifted to Windows and downloaded their single standalone setup package for Windows. You can download it from here. After the installation, I opened U++ TheIDE & I got a little bit congested window. The IDE will not support auto complete or code suggestion. I opened one of the example from the list and build it. It takes more than 5 minutes for me to compile & build the application. The compiled application has got a nice GUI with a native interface. All the functions are working properly. I used VC++ compiler to build the application.
U++ IDE User  Interface
Overall I didn't get a nice experience with U++. May be it is applicable only in my case. But unfortunately I didn't like it.

Don't Forget to Subscribe our RSS feed :)

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    You are definitely wrong. ThieDE supports code completion and code suggestions! (Just use Ctrl + Space). The secnod thing, compilation time is long only the first time you have compiling your package.

    For me Ultimate++ is the best C++ framework on the market. Now it has got powerfull web backend call Turtle. So you can run all your application in your web browser even TheIDE.

Leave a Reply